Entry #6 The Goat?

 


    The biggest controversy outside the United States is who is better between Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo. I am saying outside the United States because Americans only care about football, baseball and basketball when it comes to the finals. If you're reading this please do not take offense and if you do take offense Click Here. Also they named their football and named the "real" football... soccer.

    I do not mean to bash on Americans just a little banter. Soccer is the biggest sport in the world and every country except the United States, Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico can agree. The heads of the sport are Messi and Ronaldo and have been since the 2010 World Cup. Allow me to break down each player.



    Lionel Messi is in my opinion the best soccer player that has ever lived without a doubt. He is the reason I fell in love with the sport. I would dream of making the same plays he did during my games even the celebrations. He brings a different joy to soccer players and fans. The Argentinian has played with Barcelona for 17 years and scored 474 goals and 266 assists in 520 matches with Barcelona not including what he has done with the Argentina team. Watch this video, The Goat, I have ran out of words to explain my admiration for him. If you do not believe me, then here are some comments. Also he has 6 Ballon d'Or

Fan holding a sign during a game- "If you played in heaven, I would die to see you play"

Javier Mascherano- "Although he may not be human, it's good that Messi still thinks he is"

Pep Guardiola- "Don't write about him, don't try to describe him, just watch him"

And the list goes on, Messi is what many people describe him as, "An Alien."    


    Many Messi fans talk down on Ronaldo being a horrible player. Although, I am a hardcore Messi fan I take no part of the talking. Ronaldo is still a goalscoring machine with 586 goals and 191 assists at club level, again not including international goals or assists. He is the top goalscorer in history. However, Messi is younger and does have some time to surpass him. He is the more complete player in my opinion. Ronaldo is taller at 6'1 compared to Messi at 5'6. Ronaldo has a much better physic as well as leadership. He is a complete Goalscorer. Nevertheless, Messi is a goalscorer, playmaker, creator and smarter.
    
    This will always be a controversial debate but Messi will always remain my Goat. The question is, who is yours? Comment Below.


Comments

  1. ​​Hey, Andres. These four new entries are looking pretty good. You have some good visual appeal with your text formatting and layout, and you incorporate some visuals. Keep working at that visual engagement for your reader. You present some interesting topics for discussion, and you are working your development of those topics. Keep digging deeper into social and cultural connections that help your readers relate and connect more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That link was hilarious I laughed so hard even though I had a feeling that was coming. I also think that Messi is the best, every time I play Fifa I have to pick FCB.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Entry #10 Is Apple Scamming Us All?

Entry #3 The Big Bang

Entry #1 Exploring Blogger